Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Hip Gnome is watching...

THG's Best Movies of 2011

50/50- This was my favorite movie of the year.  It was funny, JGL is in it, Seth Rogan was not obnoxious, and it made my cry.  Well written and clever writing made it one of the most refreshing movies I had seen in a long time. 

The Muppets- Part nostalgic, part fresh, this movie was laughs all the way.  It was just the right amount of cheesiness and didn't take itself too seriously.  I'm definitely a Muppet-(wo)man.

Bridesmaids- I admit, I was worried when the trailers first came out, but the movie hit the right mark with audiences and me.  Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph were able to show off their comedic skills with physical humor that was more reminiscent of "I Love Lucy" than anything else for women comedians nowadays.

No comments: